This certification program helps students develop their careers as professional consultants or managers in the field of information security and security . In this program, students carry out applied problem-solving field research projects that address the relevant industry problems and contribute to the advancement of knowledge in the practice of information security.
This program encourages the development of students who:
- Recognized as experienced practitioners in a specialized field of study related to the cybersecurity community
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to analyzing information security issues
- Use an evidence-based approach to identification when dealing with problems related to the cybersecurity community
- Demonstrate proficiency in conducting field research focused on the relevant solution for information security practitioners
- To make continuous contributions to knowledge and practice in cybersecurity
Upon completion of this certificate program, graduates will be able to:
- Analyze, evaluate and critique the application of best practices in addressing information security issues
- Demonstrate secondary research competencies in the investigation and identify problems faced by information security practitioners
- Develop evidence-based recommendations for solutions that address problems related to the cybersecurity community
- Conduct a pilot assessment of the feasibility of a proposed solution to a problem affecting the cybersecurity community
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of a specialized field of study relevant to the cybersecurity community
Doctoral students enrolled in the DIA program must pass the qualifying examination. This test is used to evaluate the mastery of applied research concepts and foundations and is administered concurrently in weeks 4-8 of the RM9100 course in a separate course called IA9130 (0 credit hours).
The PhD degree consists in securing information from a small balance of 62 semesters, including 48 pre-doctoral credits (consisting of 30 credits of information security content taken from basic and specialized courses, 6 modules of research courses, 6 Modules for research course courses, 6 credits from research preparation courses) and 14 credit hours of thesis development courses.
To make sure that PhD students are making steady progress toward finishing their dissertations, the University has developed a thesis project plan . This plan consists of a series of deliverables produced by students in research courses and thesis courses.
Finally, before granting the degree, the doctoral candidate must successfully defend the doctoral dissertation in an oral presentation before the thesis committee.
A PhD is an academic degree awarded by universities. Also known as a doctorate or doctoral degree, is usually considered the highest possible degree of investigation and allows the degree holder to teach undergraduate in the same field of their studies.
What is a PhD in cybersecurity? A PhD in Cybersecurity and offers candidates with the Foundation in Computer Science with a focus on applied research related to IT security. The technology covers specialized Internet operations, including data collection, software exploitation, reverse engineering, and malicious code analysis. Courses can also include programming, network security, secure operating systems, software engineering, and software design. Students learn to detect cybercrime and protect confidential information stored in computers and servers.
PhD graduates in cyber security are trained in research methods and gain a deeper understanding of cybersecurity issues. Solve their problem and decision-making skills, as they relate to work on various cybercrime, and strengthen students become familiar with the theories as well as master the skills needed to deal with technological applications and information.
The cost of a doctorate is subject to the policies of the institution, in the country of study, and length of the program. Find out more by contacting the University Admissions Office to request more information, including program expenses.
Is available in academic institutions, where one can initiate a career in teaching and scientific research career prospects in cybersecurity. Other career prospects exist in intelligence, law enforcement, and military organizations as well as in data-dependent industries. Researchers for industry, federal, state, and local government agencies and other jobs are available. Leaders, managers and policy makers are also needed with such knowledge and experience.
Online studies provide excellent educational opportunities available to you, regardless of your location in the world. Find your program below, and contact the school admissions office directly of your choice by filling out the lead form